YSK Hospital specializes in treatment and cure of various kidney disorders and diseases through its super speciality Department of Nephrology and Urology. The Department is led by the best nephrologist in Aurangabad apart from leading specialists in the field of nephrology and urology. The Department attends thousands of patients at its OPD while the in-patient infrastructure offers treatment to hundreds of seekers every year. The Department also has state of the art infrastructure including that for dialysis. A dedicated diagnostics lab works for the Department and helps in fast diagnoses towards effective treatment.
Whole range of nephrology treatment and cures at YSK Hospital
Kidneys are vital organs of the body because these perform the fundamental task of purifying the blood and maintaining the balance of the fluids in the body. However, these organs could get affected due to infections, development of stones, general weakness like due to diabetes and hypertension (which increases the urination and pressure on the kidneys) and many other abnormalities. The Nephrology and Urology Department at YSK Hospital has physicians and surgeons that are adept in their specialities of medicine and surgery and they offer effective treatment in all such cases. Dedicated kidney stone removal treatment is also available through the frontline techniques like the laser. Advanced laparoscopy is utilized for the treatment of problems and diagnosis in the ureters, bladder, and urethra.
Prostate problems including prostate cancer are treated at YSK Hospital in a safe and effective manner. Such cases are dealt in consultation with the surgical oncologists on board YSK and then a suitable plan of action is developed that involves the minimally invasive laparoscopic surgery to deal the problem and associated symptoms of discomfort in the urinary tract.
A super speciality and state of the art dialysis center have been set up at the Department of Urology. This Center houses multiple dialysis units which are capable of performing in sophisticated and swift manner towards the requirements of patients who have suffered kidney failure.
YSK’s Department of Nephrology emerges as a center of excellence!
The specialists at the Department of Nephrology and Urology of YSK Hospital have been leading the institution through their knowledge and expertise and today the Hospital works as a center of excellence in India. Due to quality cure and care services by the Department, YSK Hospital has become the best kidney disease treatment center in Aurangabad and receives kidney patients from far off places in India and South Asia.
- Acute kidney failure, including electrolyte and acid-based disturbances
- Intrinsic kidney diseases, including diabetic nephropathy, hypertensive kidney disease, glomerulonephritis and chronic pyelonephritis, with an emphasis on slowing the progression of kidney disease
- Proteinuria (protein in the urine) and hematuria (blood in the urine)
- Anemia related to kidney disease
- Bone disease related to kidney disease
- Fluid and electrolyte disorders, including edema, potassium, acid-base and calcium disorders
- Coordinated care and follow-up for patients with kidney disease associated with diabetes, high blood pressure or cardiovascular and kidney disease
- Continuous renal replacement therapy, including citrate anticoagulation for critically ill patients
- Comprehensive dialysis services and chronic dialysis outpatient care
- Chronic peritoneal dialysis care, including continuous cycling peritoneal dialysis (CCPD) or continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis (CAPD)
- Percutaneous needle biopsy of native kidneys and kidney transplants using real-time ultrasound guidance
- Percutaneous cannula placement using ultrasound guidance
- Access to dialysis and transplant services for patients with end-stage renal disease
- Access to all end-stage renal disease therapies, including kidney transplantation, hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis
Percutaneous kidney biopsies, if needed
- Dr Sameer Mahajan
- Dr Suhas Bavikar