Patient & Family Rights And Responsibilities
As a patient, you have the right………………….
- To receive quality health care in a safe, clean environment without discrimination because of race, age, colour, religion, nationality, culture, ethnicity, language, disability, sex or manner of payment.
- To be fully informed, before or during admission, of the services available at this hospital.
- To be fully informed on the expected approximate cost of the treatment at the time of admission.
- To be treated with dignity, respect and courtesy in a non-judgmental and non-threatening manner and with consideration to the special preferences, psychosocial, spiritual and personal values, beliefs, cultural and religious needs.
- To be respected for personal dignity and privacy during examination, procedures and treatment, transport and to be free from all forms of abuse, neglect or harassment.
- To be informed of your diagnosis, medical condition and treatment in understandable language.
- To be informed of the risks, benefits and alternatives of proposed treatment.
- To be informed and involved in decisions that affect your care, health status, services, treatment or outcomes.
- To knowledgeably refuse any care, diagnostic procedure and treatment after the consequences of refusal have been explained.
- To seek a second opinion regarding clinical care if they wish, from within or outside the hospital.
- To expect the confidentiality of your identifiable health information is maintained except for those required by laws and regulations.
- To give informed consent before surgery, anaesthesia, procedural sedation, blood transfusion and other invasive, high risk procedures and treatment and initiation of any research protocol.
- To be informed on how to voice a complaint to express concerns, complaints, violation of your rights and/or a grievance to your providing hospital personal.
You may contact or write to: YSK Hospital, Dr. Y. S. Khedkar Marg, N- 6 Cidco, Aurangabad . 431001 Email: email@example.com
As a patient, it is your responsibility…………….
- To provide correct and complete demographic information including full name, age, address, telephone number and e-mail ID.
- To provide complete and accurate information about your health, including your previous medical history and all the medications you are taking, all records of previous investigations and treatment and of allergic reactions especially sensitivity to any drug.
- To treat the hospital staff, other patients and visitors with courtesy, respect and dignity.
- To follow instructions and advice, understanding that you must accept the consequences if you refuse treatment.
- To pay hospital bills as promptly to meet the financial obligations arising from your care.
- To follow the hospital rules and regulations.
- To maintain hygiene and cleanliness.
- To avoid bringing valuables to the hospital as hospital is not responsible for protecting your belongings.
- To be considerate and cooperative.
- To respect the rights and property of others.
- To keep your scheduled appointments, or let us know if you are unable to keep them.
- To avoid speaking or behaving in a manner that disturbs other patient(s).